Sunday, March 03, 2013

2 years ago....















So what happened?

Last time I posted something on this page, Scaredy Squirell (Season One) was coming to an end.

So my next gig to follow was a Storyboarding position on Sidekick, working with the talented director Joey So. Meanwhile, I was taking some Storyboarding night classes with two of the greatest, Kris Pearn and Sergio Paez.

Christmas 2010 was approaching and I was reaching a crossroad in my life. I could either buy a house in a suburb of Toronto and start my family or apply to various studios to try to work either in feature or in California, the capital of animation.

So as I was just finishing my first board on Sidekick, I received 3 offers:

- One from Toonbox in Toronto to work on a feature called Nut Job
- One from Nickelodeon Animation Studios in Los Angeles to work on The Penguins of Madagascar
-One from Disney in Los Angeles to work on one of the Tinkerbelle’s movie.

After many talks with friends and colleagues, Nickelodeon seemed like the right choice for my career.

So after 2 years, I am still having the best time of my life. I have met so many artists who changed my life forever. It is impossible for me to mention all the life changing encounters that I recently had.

Hopefully, this is just the beginning :))

No comments: